- This event has passed.
Wednesday Open Mic Night with Sandy
November 6 @ 8:30 pm - 11:55 pm
An event every month that begins at 8:30pm on day First of the month, repeating indefinitely
Chris Donahue goes all out every week to provide open mic attendees with a wonderful performing experience. Whether you are a solo act performing an a capella vocal piece, an individual who either sings or plays any instrument and is looking to sit in with a band, a duo with an acoustic guitar and bass, 3/4 of a band looking for others to fill in, or a full band we can accommodate you!
Our house band, affectionately known as the Kraken All Stars, opens each Wednesday night with a four-song set to warm up the crowd. Some very experienced players who can back most acts are part of this band:
- Michael Savino & Chuck Beckman alternate weeks on lead guitar
- Rob Liptrot plays bass
- Chris Donahue plays Hammond B3 and keys
- Ric Haddad plays drums
- Frankie Annunziato & I trade weeks on vocals and hosting (I’m there the first and second Wednesdays)
People come from all around the state and even out of state to play with these guys!
Even so, if you are a solo act, a duo, a trio, or looking to bring your band around, we’ll clear the stage and let you take it.
Donahue’s is equipped with a full PA and staffed with a sound guy every week. We also have a backline complete with at least one guitar amp (sometimes two – I bring my red Fender Delux Hot Rod), bass amp, drum kit, Hammond B3 with Leslie speaker, and a keyboard.
Aside from drums and keys, everyone should bring their own ax. Drummers, please bring sticks!
Solo acts: 2 songs; Duos, Trios, & Bands: 3 songs
This depends on what’s going on at the moment and how many people are waiting. If no one is waiting, you can play all night. 🙂
- It’s first-come, first-served.
- You must write your name on the list with your own hand before 10:00 p.m. to get in the line-up. At least one member of your act must be present to sign up.
- Sign up on the very next line available. If you’re not ready when it’s your turn, you can wait until you are. Preference is given to early signer uppers.
- Speed between acts is very important to me. Have your instrument tuned and know what songs you’re going to perform before you walk on stage.
- Latecomers might get in, but I’m not promising. If you don’t write your name on the list, even if you are my very best friend, I will probably forget about getting you to the mic.
- If we get to everyone, we’ll start back at the top of the list and work through it again, so if you want to play more, you can sign up again AFTER you play the first time.
- If you are able to accompany others or incorporate other musicians into your act, you may be able to play more songs.
- If you would like the opportunity to work with some other musicians, but you don’t know anyone – let me know, and I’ll do my best to hook you up.
- If you are a singer, and you need people to play for you, you need to know what key you sing the song in, and we would LOVE IT EVEN MORE if you had charts for everyone IN YOUR KEY.
- If you want to be on the mailing list for this event, write your email address on here in your very best 4th grade handwriting. I promise you will only get Sandy Connolly Open Mic notifications.